20 March 2012

Resting........

This past week has been one of the most rewarding, boring, painful, sleepless and all around relaxing weeks of my pregnancy thus far. Last Monday I was told to be home and take it easy for the next two weeks until I could be seen again. Not placed on bed rest but told to relax to have the contraction episodes stop. The first couple days I got a bit of cabin fever/distressed over everything that still needed to be done.... Yes, I tried to get it all done on my own... To the point of more pain and contractions and then of course immediately taking the doctor's orders to heart and began relaxing.

Friday the hubby had a St. Patrick's Day Golf Tournement and since he wasn't going to be home until later (he's been taking care of dinner) I decided to make corn beef and cabbage in the crock pot. Easy enough, except for the wonderful aroma throughout the house all day making me want to eat everything in sight....

Friday night was filled with tossing and turning and PAIN, lots and lots of pain. So much that I woke up after a couple hours in tears and asking my hubby to rub my back. That didn't work so I took a very hot shower, mainly on all fours letting the water hit my back full force. No help there either.... That's when I caved and took an ambien... The docs have prescribed me with flexril and ambien. I hate taking meds, especially when pregnant. It is bad enough I have to shoot myself up daily with blood thinner, but now these in order to get "some" sleep and pain relief....??? Since eight days ago when I got these I have taken them 3 times in an effort to find the sandman. They lasted all about 3-4 hours and I was up again middle of the night/early morning with the same or more pain. So I stopped taking them and have been working with 2-3 hours of broken sleep at a time.
The couch has become my place of solace. Comfort during the day of sitting or napping and comfort at night of sleeping/napping. The baby belly is so big it is difficult to turn from one side to another in bed without pushing/shoving my body in that direction. I compare it to doing a sit-up with 25lbs of extra weight being strapped onto the chest... (man if this were the way it was I'd have abs of steel right now... lol). So when I wake up between 1-3am I mosey onto the couch and find sleep faster there then in bed. Besides the comfort I don't like the idea of waking the hubby so much at night with all that he does and is doing during the day with all of my tossing and turning.

Saturday was a crawfish boil with the hubby's co-workers. It also happened to be a gorgeously WARM day out. I sat out talking to several wives while taking in the rays, ate some very spicy crawfish, and drank lots of water. Then it hit me, that need to potty but nothing there.... Pain had been generating throughout my back and belly for a couple days already and now dehydration. I had been drinking water all day, but just not enough. So, I found a cozy spot on the couch inside and downed a few bottles in little time. The man-child was having a blast making lots of new friends and the hubby was having a blast hanging out with his buddies and drinking some drinks for the both of us... hahaha.. So I relaxed and read a book on my kindle on my phone. Then the dessert table requested my guarding.... Needless to say, I caved and sat my prego butt there and consumed 2 pieces of cake, endless amount of apples and fruit dip, and a couple little cupcake like desserts with cherries and glaze on top.... Good for my blood sugar? Not so much, but I figured one binge day was well deserved for all the pain the littlest dude was having me endure. We were there into the evening and grabbed a big bag of food to go and took it to their friend on base that was on duty and didn't get to make the party.


Sunday we took a drive out to J-ville to get Baby Blue (my 67 Chevelle). We took her out for a spin around the block parked her and then waited a little while before trying her out again. The hubby went to take his turn driving it, would have been his first time doing so, and clunk clunk clunk.... She wouldn't turn over.... :-/ Tried again, nothing.... Damn... Re-built motor, new intake, new carb, new alternator, new exhaust... Sigh..... Carb needed to be readjusted was what our friend said. He'd get that done and bring it out to us this week. Well it turned out that the gas gauge is not working right. She was out of gas... LOL. This of course was found out after we had already made it home later that night. Booo... After we left there we went to Sears and took a look at refrigerators. Ours has decided that it would rather be a freezer for the entire upper back portion of the fridge. Walked around there a little, made our way to Lowes for comparisons and found one we liked but decided to discuss it and look up specs back home first. Decided on one and knew on Monday we would have to go buy it for the sale they were having plus the additional 10% for military discount. I love good deals! We also picked up our laminate flooring for the dining/living room. (Very excited about not having carpet there anymore). The guys will be doing all of that this weekend!

Sunday night turned into another night of hell with contractions, stomach pain/stretching stabbing pain in upper stomach/lower chest and lower back pain. Walking around the stores was not my body's idea of relaxing. :(  I found myself on the couch again after only a couple hours of tossing and turning in bed.... Between the softness of the couch and being completely exhausted I passed out quickly and was woken 3 hours later by the alarm clock to get up and help get the man-child ready for school.
36 weeks (Sunday morning) and little/no sleep

Monday was spent relaxing and napping while waking every 30 min, then picking up the man-child to take him to his dental appointment. After we went and indulged mommy's new craving and one of little man's new favorite drinks from Dairy Queen. 
Hawaiian Blizzard... So yummy!
Jake's Arctic Rush
Came home and relaxed. Hubby made dinner and we decided to go on out to Lowes to buy the new fridge. But the door bell rang and there were our friend's Chris and Rick (his dad) and behind them was Baby Blue!!!!!! Little sneaks!!!! They drove her out to us! They told us that they received 2 offers from guys just on the drive out and gave me their cards... lol... might be something I'm willing to consider if the price is right. Immediately little man and I hopped into the front seat and took her for ride down the street. Hubby and son drove her to Lowes (his first time driving her) while I followed behind, just in case.  ;) Got there with the intention to buy a top freezer fridge and then saw a bottom freezer one with tons of fridge room.... For less than $1,100 with 4 year warranty!!!! Hubby wanted it more than the other one so we went with it and it will be here next week! Yay, no longer will have to defrost the milk in the morning... hahaha!!! I drove Baby Blue back home. Got her up to 55.... Speedometer is off a bit too because hubby said I was going 60-65....... But she sounds soooooo awesome and drives great!!!!! Now normally I can handle the smell of the engine/car.... But during the drive it was making me a bit nauseous..... Which means if I don't sell her this little man needs to come out soon so I can drive her without feeling sick!!!

I have been trying my hardest to take it easy and we will see next Monday how big baby is and what we'll be doing the following weeks. We both decided after the last appointment that a c-section would be the best option for delivery. Went over everything with the docs, including the med records from when the 7yr old man-child was born and it was not leaning anywhere close to being favorable for me having a VBAC.... So instead of going through the pushing stress and baby not being able to even pass through because I am too small and/or putting baby through the stress and having to go into a c-section or emergency c-section we're going to try and just schedule for it to take place... Either the first or second week of April since they schedule at least a week before due date....  I'm hoping I'll be able to go back to work for the last week or two, but the hubby is pretty adamant that I stay home. I'm getting a little taste of being a SAHM. Not so bad.... But it is driving me crazy that I can't do even half of what I would normally do.... That will change after baby comes of course and I won't feel so utterly useless.....

5 comments:

  1. Oh hang in there! And that blizzard looks amazing. Hmmmm may have to go for a little drive :) lol ~Heather @ http://lovelybeautifulsmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was! I've had another one since too :) following back and tell your big boy Happy Birthday from us!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness...that blizzard looks so incredibly delicious!

    Anyway, though, haha. You'll do fine, it'll all be worth it (but you know that!)! :) I hope everything goes well, I remember those days haha, my son is two and we think that I'm pregnant so I might be jumping back on the pregnancy train (again) with you, haha. Granted, you're almost done, so I know you must be both excited and extremely ready for it to be over. ;)

    Glad I found your blog! I saw your post on Bloggy Moms and am following you via Google (I joined your site), Facebook, and Pinterest. If you'd like to do a link exchange, please let me know, I'm always looking for other mom bloggers. :)

    -Caitlin
    www.SouthernSAHM.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin!!! It was amazing, looking forward to having another this weekend :) I hope it is positive for you!!! Keep me updated/I'll stay updated from following you back! :)

      Delete
  3. If I hadn't seen a full picture of you, then I would swear you weren't pregnant. Through your face, you don't show any excess weight - just that beautiful Momma glow! These last few days are the worse. Now that you know you're going for a C-section then that'll make things somewhat easier. Our second baby was delivered via C-section. I was fortunate to go VBAC with #3, but let me tell you that one was by far the biggest of all three babies and wouldn't you know it turned out to be a boy - 9lbs 7oz and over 21" long. I had a devil of a time delivering him simply because he had shoulders like a football player. The doctor admitted after the fact, he was getting worried and told me to NEVER have babies that big again. I warned the doctor months in advance that one was going to be big and he didn't believe me. I'll be saying a little prayer up for you and the best of luck to you, girl! Thanks for playing Wayback Wednedays!

    ReplyDelete

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved