03 August 2012

1st Beachbody Challenge Complete!

I AM BELOW MY PRE-PREGANANCY WEIGHT!!!! WAHOOO!

So last month I started a Beachbody Challenge doing the workout program HipHop for Abs that included the shakeology program. I chose their new Tropical Strawberry Vegan mixture as opposed to their Chocolate one because, in all honesty, I have to be in the "mood" for that much Chocolate. But when it comes to fruity tastes I can devour it without a second thought! Prior to starting the challenge I was stuck in a rut with getting my weight down. I was stuck anywhere between 148 and 151. I was taking in unneeded calories... Cookies became my enemy, eating an entire bag of chocolate chip cookies and milk every two days.... No wonder Santa has a belly on him! ;) So I began this challenge hoping to lose some weight. Boy has it provided me with so much more than just weight loss! When I first started the program I was hurting, E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E! I'd make it through the workouts without stopping but I'd feel like I was literally dying. Mind you, I have not TRULY worked out since 2002, Marine Corps boot camp! I'd do a little here and there that might have lasted a week MAYBE 2 weeks and then I'd be done, give up, stop eating all together, thrive off of coffee and cigarettes and lose weight in an unhealthy manner. Most workout programs give you a diet menu, showing you what to eat, when to eat it, how much and so on. Beachbody programs do as well. However, I did not follow it to a T. I did have my 3 meals a day, most days, with one being a yummy shake. I never binged on food, I just didn't snack in between meals and such because I wasn't really hungry. If and when I did get hungry I'd drink water, grab some fruit or salad or nuts and enjoy.

It is 2 days short of 4 months from having my handsome baby boy. He was delivered via c-section which caused me to hold off on attempting to lose weight for a month. But on May 5th I couldn't stand it anymore and I started doing various "non-rigorous" workouts. After having baby I weighed a whopping 165lbs. The day I had him I believe I weighed in at 175! So worth it but as any pregnancy does, it took it's toll on my body.

May 5th                                        July 2nd
1st picture: May 5th, 151.8lbs
2nd Picture: July 2nd, 149.8lbs

July 2nd                                          Aug 3rd   
1st Picture: July 2nd, 149.8lbs
2nd Picture: Aug 3rd, 142.6


I am so excited to be able to SEE the positive changes in my body, mind and lifestyle!!! Not only am I proud of myself, so is my workout guru husband! :)Looking forward to killing myself via INSANITY next!

3 months ago                               NOW! :)

5 comments:

  1. You look amazing! Great job and an inspiration to get my butt up and moving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You look amazing!! I just bought insanity & started a workout group at the gym. All the amazing 'work out' posts today are so inspiring!! Thank you for sharing & again you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! You go girl! Very inspiring :) Thanks for visiting my blog (annie-simplify.blogspot.com) and for the encouraging words. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved