02 August 2012

***Throwback Thursday: 98/99 Freshmen Year***


Me and my little brother on the Queen Mary


Traveling back to 98/99.... Before the Y2K, before the new millennium, before the world as we knew it was going to end.... ;) This year is my 10 year reunion.... Looking back on some great high school memories is what I've been doing here and there this summer. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend as I am on the other side of the country and our oldest will be in school on the day they have it set for... Besides looking back on pictures I've been listening to some music from back then too, let's face it I'm always listening to music from "back in the day". I've said it before, I'm a big music freak..... Always have tunes playing in the house, in the truck, and in my head. So along with some pictures I'm including a few tunes I enjoyed from that school year. 98/99 was a great year for me, I was an awkward Freshmen in High School trying to see what group I fit in to. Nope, I wasn't a prep, cheerleader, jock, band geek (no offense, I had many friends in the band this was just one of those silly high school names for them), nerd, goth, or any other typically defined group. I was just me with friends that were just themselves, and every Friday I wore a uniform... Yep I was in JROTC, and honestly I have no idea what others called this group of students, probably dorks, militants or something along those lines.... It is also the year that I and some great friends began swing dancing, and continued for years after.... Kept friends that I had known for years and made new friends that I am still in contact with to this day.



Sassy


The Gals


Freshmen Year Homecoming (4th couple over-Oldest son's dad and I)

Kings Ball (My date was Jeremy Harrison, RIP dear friend)



Steph, Christen and Me

Me to the left next to my BF Jen for her Military Ball

Yep, baseball, not softball


Me and my little brother before leaving for prom




Oh there are so many more songs.... Sigh.... Good times!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved