04 March 2012

Hello 6 Week Mark!!!!! {Hopefully}



This past week had been a bit crazy. Monday was my appointment at the new hospital an hour and a half away. I had to take my blood sugar levels that I have been tracking in, they made copies and everything is looking good. I'm averaging at 90 throughout the week. Thursday had a spike though, up to 123!!! Yikes! Hubby said that was probably due to me having one of the mini bottles of sprite with my lunch..... Weird because I can have one before lunch and then have my blood sugar be just fine 2 hours after lunch. He again stated it is the rapid dissolving sugars within soda.... Sigh.... I already limit myself to soda intake, caffeine intake, sweets and certain carbs (because we all know carbs turn into sugar), I have a feeling when Michael is born I am going to go into all out gorge mode!!! Hehehehe. One thing I was told at my previous appointment was that I DO NOT have to cut back on my salad consumption!!! Why didn't I come to these doctors sooner???? Reason being is that the daily shot of blood thinner that I have to give myself is fast acting and the vitamin K within the lettuce isn't strong enough to thicken my blood against the medicine. HALLELUJAH!!! I have been enjoying my salads that I had been craving for so long but "couldn't have" since they said I could!!!
Chicken Caesar Salad

We also had an ultrasound done so they could see baby's growth and organs. Everything looks great! There is something that does scare the crud out of me though..... He is measuring at 35-36 weeks already (at only 33weeks along).... They stated that if I didn't know my menstrual cycle they would have his due date as April 6th..... Can I just say I don't remember for sure at this point? Hahaha..... Oyyyy this will be interesting!!!!
Baby Face
Sucking on his hand :)


Well, Tuesday came and I wasn't feeling so hot.... Then right before lunch my tummy decided to go haywire on me. Went to the ladies room, felt the need to use the bathroom but only number 1 would happen.... Then there it was, bright red and pain.... Fffffff! Out the door, call the hubby, he picks me up outside of my office, 80mph drive to the ER all while I am grabbing anything as hard as possible to equal the shooting pain and telling my husband how much I love him (which afterward I realized how silly I must have sounded), worried about what was going on and a bit upset that we still didn't have a single thing ready for his arrival, was taken up to Labor and Delivery and put on monitors, the contractions were right on top of another and big! They finally died down a couple hours later, and I was told to go home and rest and drink more water, I was pretty dehydrated. I was also told I am dilated to a 1, which really doesn't mean a whole lot as I can be that for weeks or longer. But the birthing process has begun. :)) Hopefully he will stay for the whole 6 weeks and finish developing and growing. I do wish it would go by a little quicker though, I can feel the stress building up from lack of sleep and discomforts and when at work it takes every ounce of energy I can muster to stay awake come noon and by the time I get home all I want to do is put my feet up and/or sleep! I am so thankful for my hubby and all that he does and all that he "forces" me to do. But I am sure he is looking forward to the baby being here already too! 6 weeks to go!

1 comment:

  1. From everything you post about being pregnant, I really hope we live near each other once I ever end up pregnant! lol

    ReplyDelete

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved