21 February 2013

Prayers for Charli~ An Army Vets Little Girl

This sweet little girl & family needs our help!! Charli has gone through so much over the past year alone it is heart breaking. I cannot imagine the heartache of seeing one of my own little boys undergo so many medical procedures... She truly is beautiful & strong!!! Her daddy, Brian Keith Williams, is a 14yr Army Vet and a current Police Officer in TX.... But their travels to the hospital 3 hours away, many overnights in motels and medical expenses are through the roof...Mommy cannot work because Charli, their youngest daughter, has to have 24hr care. Dad's paid time off is gone..... If you can help to give anything to their family, to the Father who gave so much to our Nation who is reaching out to care for his family, for his sweet baby girl, even one dollar, I know how grateful they would be..... 

If money is tight and you cannot help out monetarily, PRAYERS are free and can provide an amazing outcome for Charli and her family.

For donations of ANY amount please Click HERE.

 photo 6446_422145911200784_2131742243_n_zps17e18c50.jpg
 photo 487813_422101001205275_733783993_n_zps1003733f.jpg
 photo 285369_426735727408469_207548433_n_zpsf91f28d1.jpg


I would like to introduce my self. I am Brian Williams. I served 14 years in the Army and I have spent the last 7 years employed as a police officer in Wichita Falls, Texas.
I have spent my life serving and protecting our citizens and Country.
I can’t, however protect my 2 yr old daughter. She will be 3 on July 21 2013.
My baby girl Charli was born 3 weeks early. We spent the first week of her life in the hospital for medical complications. Over the last 2 years we have been to the E.R numerous times for the same issues: high fever and vomiting. During one of our visits, the E.R. Dr. on duty (thankfully) had the foresight to run more than the routine blood work. It was discovered that she had an elevated liver count (over 10000 in her AST ALT counts - the normal parameter is only 50). Her liver had basically stopped working .We were care flown to Cooks Children Hospital in Fort Worth 2 hours away. Cooks was/is a Godsend. The Doctors there did more extensive testing and found that Charli will likely need a transplant. During the testing they also discovered that her #2 vertebrae is floating freely (not attached to her other vertebrae). This is a whole different issue. She needs to have this fixed before the disk slips and paralyzes her. She is now in a neck brace until this can happen. The kicker to this is she can’t have her neck surgery until her liver is fixed…kind of a catch 22. The liver is one of the main organs that helps fight infection and controls clotting.

February 8th Status:

this is just a laundry list of what has gone on since July 2012.
3 care flights from wichita falls to cooks children's hospital in fort worth.
2 and half months in the hospital
25-30 round trip s driving from Wichita Falls to Fort worth (250 miles) for Charli's appointments.
Sara quitting her job to take care of Charli.
Charli has endured countless viles of blood drawn
spinal fusion surgery
liver biopsy
skin biopsy
has been under anesthesia several times
I have used up all my sick and vacation and worry if I will even have a job once this is all said and done.
mortgage and utility companies just dont give a rats ass about anything other then there money.
I am on the verge of losing my house.
I wonder if i will come home to no electricity or water.
I cant pay bills because i have to hold back money to travel back and forth to fort worth for charli's appointments. Sara cant work because Charli needs 24 hour care.
I am grateful the city of WF helped me back in Oct. but that money went to just catching up back then.
to top it all off we dont have answers on what is wrong with Charli.
i know when we get released in the next day or so that we will be back in 3-4 months for another extended stay. We keep a suitcase packed because we know that at any moment we could be back on a care flight to come back to cooks.
I am stressed and on edge. I am sorry if i take it out on any of you. I am sorry i get grumpy. I still try to smile and pretend life is great and i am not worried.
I know everything is in gods hands and he will see that Sara, Charli, Randi and i are all taken care of.
I hate asking my family, friends and complete strangers for help but i have no choice.


From Charli's Daddy:
I am asking for all prayers we can get, and if anyone wants to help financially we will be forever thankful!

Any funds that are not used to cover medical expenses for Charli will be donated to Cooks Children Hospital, so I will be paying it forward to help others in need.
Any amount is helpful from a penny on up and adding us to your prayer list doesn't cost anything and one can never have too many prayer warriors.

I ask that if you can’t help in any way that you pass on this link to other family, friends, coworkers and even your church leaders.

Thank you all for your time and support.

Average cost for liver transplant is $577,000.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!! i have know keith since the 4th grade.. we are almost 40.. I could not imagine going through what he is going through..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this family with your readers. I am praying for them and am headed to the sight to help financially. Please keep us updated on this sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. I dont know you, but Brandi passed on my information to you. To all of those who read this even if you can not help financially prayers are free and we can use those as well. thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope my post dont cause confusion. Brian is my first name and Keith is my middle name. 90% of the people i know call me Keith. I just use Brian for official stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness what a strong little girl! She and her family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers <3

    new follower from the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved