12 March 2013

I'm Not A Poet.....

As I go through my hard drive trying to organize items, delete duplicate pictures and file them under the proper month, day and year, I came across a file that had a few old poems I had written.... 
I found myself writing a lot throughout junior high & high school. Lyrics, poems, letters to friends, etc. This is one I had written years and years ago. I never got around to titling it though, but now looking back, it really doesn't need one. 



The soft tepid sand beneath my feet
   is swiftly cooled as the tide rolls in.
Sunset illuminating the sky’s crisp blue
   with fiery shades
The outlines of sailboats passing
   directly in the suns rays
Smells of the ocean arise
   the air now feels chilly following a balmy summer’s day.
Your lips meet mine and this moment
   becomes motionless, embedded in time.
We gaze into the distance as the sun
   settles in for the night.
My heart yearns for this point in time to remain
While now it appears only in my memories and dreams.

Rain gathers on the roof
Thunder bellows in the night's sky.
Silence between us as we take pleasure in
   all that is.
Words are not necessary
   as I’m assured that you are nearby,
   if only for a little while.
I can tell that you are bothered
   knowing it is from the time we were apart,
   yet suddenly feeling so lonely,
   though you are beside me.
I shake it off, although it still haunts me,
   there is nothing I can say or do,
   except wait…
Wait as I have before,
   wait as I will continue to do…
He’ll come around, I reassure myself
Just be here for him, let him know that you love him,
   show him that no matter what you care…..
Then when all is right, he’ll do the same for you…
I continue to patiently wait,
   hoping that our chance might transpire….

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!
    www.inside-outdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poet or not, the words are beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing.
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're a poet. ;) That was wonderful!

    I always love finding notes and stories I wrote to friends in middle school. A lot of our stories involved the guys from Backstreet Boys and N Sync. Haha. We were so creative.

    ReplyDelete

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved