13 June 2012

Blog Star: Hi I'm Jenni


Hey there I'm Jen, Jenni, Jennifer, mommy, wifey, and babe (the last one is for the hubby's use only) :). I am 28 years old and I'm the wife of an active duty Marine and mother to 2 boys, 7yrs old and 2months old. I was a working mother until last month and am now a SAHM! This leap will be an interesting transition for me as I have worked for the past 13yrs. Yes I started working when I was 15 and haven't stopped, until now..... 


1. I enjoy food! Which is so hard because after having baby 2 months ago I am trying to lose weight... But food and I get along great and I am always up for trying something new at least once. 
2. Photography, or Artography as I have it on my label in my blog, has been a passion of mine since I was a little girl with my little wind up 35mm. (Yes I still have my first camera, duct taped and all).
3. Scrapbooking. This was my outlet for so long and over the years I just never could find enough time (this will hopefully not be an issue anymore)
4. DIY & Home Improvements: I was a single mother for a long time and had to learn how to do a lot on my own. With that came the love for HGTV and DIY..... Any of our future homes will never be the same. 
5. I am a born and raised Cali girl who has relocated to the east coast for 4 years now, 20 min from the warm Atlantic Ocean. If it weren't for hurricanes I'd want to move even closer to the beach. 
6. My worst fear in the world for myself: drowning. Yes I know how to swim, have been doing so 23 years and am damn good at it. I am a water hog too. 
7. I love star gazing. At one time I knew many of the constellations thanks to my dad, now I can only point out 9 or 10. 
8. My husband and I met online. Yes, online. (This was a shocker to my family). He emailed me one evening, I saw his smile in the little profile picture, opened it up and the rest is our future. I always giggle now at the match.com commercials. :) 
9. I'm a collector. Not a hoarder, a collector. :) I collect coins and paper money, antique books that range from 1700's to 1940's (mainly non fiction and mostly military related), and Precious Moments (though over the years I have had to sacrifice selling many of them off when I was a single mother).
10. I am a Veteran Marine. I did not get to serve my full contract though and that forever changed my direction in life. With that change I now have two beautiful little boys and a husband who I love dearly and loves me and helps me through my PTSD issues as much as he can. And when that doesn't work on those certain days I turn to rum. (don't judge).


Was looking at the list of blogs on the linky and came across a fellow military wife: Air Force. Wife. Life. :) 
She had this cute A-Z under hers that I thought would be fun to do too! 

Getting to Know Me from A-Z 

Age: 28
Bedtime: Whenever I'm tired
College: Ashford University
Dogs: Toby & Ava German Shepherds
Everyday Necessity: Coffee
From: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Gold or Silver?: White Gold
Holiday: Independence Day
Ice Cream: Baskin Robbins chocolate chip
Job Title: Wife and Mommy (and we all know the dozens of subtitles that come from those two)
Karaoke Go-To Song: I Will Survive
Live: Crystal Coast NC
Movie: The Notebook, I cry every time
Night or Morning Person?: Vampire
Outdoors Lover?: Yes. As long as it is not cold.
Pet Peeves: Nail biting, ignorance, rudeness, bad drivers, unmade bed before going to sleep, dirty bathroom.
Quirks: None that I can think of...
Restaurant: In NC Chef's 105, in CA Ruth's Cris
Sports: Football and Baseball
Teams: Pittsburgh Steelers and Chicago White Sox 
Urban or Rural?: Rural, grew up in the city, lived in the rural for a year and loved all that my oldest was able to do outdoors
Vacation: Home to Cali or home to Hubby's HT Chicago (he's a Cubs fan) DC, NY, NC mountains, wherever we choose to go
Weather: If there were a rural location that stayed 75-90 all year, I'd want our retirement home to be there.
Xtra Special Fact About You: If I see a lost dog I will take it in, try to find it's owner or find it a new home. (this is where my grandfather training movie star dogs and owning a kennel kicks in for me).
Yogurt (Fro-yo) Toppings: Blueberries
Zoo Animal: Zookeeper.... Hey they can be animals too! ;)

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up! I am a big food lover too which does not agree with my waistline, but I have no self control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.... I don't either... The hubby is going to help keep me honest!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jen! You've been nominated for a Liebster! www.makemineacosmo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the A to Z to get to know someone better. I might have to borrow that one! I'm visiting from the MMM Hop and I'm following you on GFC, Linky, and Networked Blogs.

    I also wanted to let you know about 2 giveaways for books that I'm hosting in case you or someone you know may be interested. Have a fabulous week! Cheers, Renee

    http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com/category/giveaways/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I got that idea from another blogger that I mentioned above! Loved the idea too! I'm following you back! And love the giveaway!!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jenn,

    Nice to meet you. Love the description. Thank you for joining the hop today. It is nice to meet another military spouse. My blog is www.richlymiddleclass.com. Stop by when you get a chance. Have an awesome Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Great blog! I look forward to reading more! Following back!! Hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for the follow! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi! I'm a new follower from the hop! It's nice to see another blogger that loves the Marines (my brother is a Marine...and we come from a long line of them!). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April! I'm following you back! :) Kinda hard not to love the Marines being prior enlisted and the hubby being in as well :)

      Delete
  6. Great post! I'm from Fullerton, ca! Not super, super close but close enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jamie! It's still SoCal! :)) Following you back hun thanks for the follow!

      Delete

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved