13 September 2012

***Throwback Thursday: Senior Year 01/02***

Senior Year..... Yeaaaaa, about that.... This year was definitely the most interesting, drama filled year of them all. I entered the Marine Corps over the summer as a poolie and tossed away the opportunity of going to college on an Air Force Scholarship to be an officer..... I had known since I was young that I wanted to be in the military, my father, grandfathers and uncle had all served and seeing the pictures of them in uniform had caught my interest. Air shows and other events made that want even stronger. The day before school started we had a "Last Day of Freedom" Pool Party at my house with a bunch of friends, BBQ'd, and hung out until late that night. I was still working at Vans Skate Park, still heavily involved in AFJROTC, had a boyfriend and still rockin' my classes with a 3.8 GPA. I cut my hair way too SHORT for my liking and dyed it blond months later. January came and I turned 18.... It all went downhill from there. I figured I was an adult now and I could do what I wanted. HAAAAAAA!!!! Mom and S.Dad were not too fond of this attitude and decided if that was how I felt and if I wasn't going to abide by their rules of being home by a certain time/lose my attitude I could move out. My mind was set, I did great in school and worked and felt that I had the "right" to do as I pleased (which back then was mainly hanging out with friends and the boyfriend. So, I moved out and moved in with the BF and his family. This lasted a week or two and then I decided to move up to my dad's and S.Mom's in NorCal. OMG... Talk about a change. I was able to land a job waitressing the day we arrived (in the moving truck). Started school and had to take night classes for Government because the school was offering only Econ, which I had already taken. I went from a school of over 500 Seniors to a school of 98 Seniors. I drove 30-40 min to school (they lived in the mountains), would get out around noon most days (they had a block schedule), take a nap in my car at the city park, go to night class and from there go to work. Most nights I wouldn't get home until midnight or later and then start all over again. My boyfriend moved up there with me, that lasted a month and he missed his family and went back to SoCal. The school thought we were brother and sister at first, hahaha, ewwww. Then it went around that I was pregnant, buahahahaha! Um no. Then it was that we were much older (the way we dressed and acted) and that we were NARCS placed there by the school..... This finally subsided after a month or so... I started focusing on getting in shape for the Marines and during lunch I would go down to the track with my CD player and run. It wasn't until a few weeks later that I found out my friends would sit on the hill with their lunches above watching and timing my runs, they came up to me saying how much my run time had improved, 23 minutes for 3 miles. Talk about embarrassing. :p Prom came and I went to another school's Prom with a bunch of friends and we dropped in on our school's prom later that night. The next day I went out to Sac and got my first tattoo and my belly button pierced.... Tisk tisk tisk. My father was pissed. But I was 18 and could do what I wanted. May was full of grad prep, last bit of classes and finals and of course parties. A lot of good ones, a few not so good ones. The best were the bon fires and hanging out at Angel's house kicked back with drinks (yes, under age drinking, I know I know), if it's any consolation, it was mainly wine coolers and smirrnoff ice. LOL. And I could've been doing a hell of a lot worse things than just drinking and hanging out with friends! :) Graduation came and so many of my family members were able to come. It was wonderful! My Aunt told me that the girls in the family graduate barefoot. Hahaha. No problem! I tossed her my heels before heading through the aisle and did exactly that! A week later I went down to SoCal and watched all my friends from RCHS graduate, it was bitter sweet. I wasn't due to head out to Parris Island for another month, but couldn't wait. Yes, I am an impatient person. I changed my contract to open contract because they couldn't get the MOS I was signed up for (MP) to go through for the schooling. A day or two before leaving I went with the parents and friends to a Jetro Tull and Sammy Hagar concert, had a blast! I left a week and a half later. From there my entire being was forever changed.  

~Now for the pics and of course awesome tunes!~

Last Day of Freedom Party
After the party, I have always labeled this picture as "Trouble" :p
Senior Year Homecoming- the BF had two dates, me and my BFF :)
Me and my BFF Steph
Kat and me at the lake
AFJROTC, the oober tall one (jolly green giant) in the middle 2nd row up was the BF, I'm to the right, lol
JROTC, sorry, the pic had been used in a collage and has glue on it still. :p
My littlest brothers and me
Senoir Pic
My best guy friend (oldest son's dad) and I
Morning of Graduation Day, before practice at the school
Dad and me!
My little brother Ricky and me Graduation Day
 
Nicole our buddy Mikey and me
My buddies and me
Me, Nicole and Josh
Dad Me and Mom
Dad me and S. Mom
S.Dad Me and Mom


Walking with Joe to our seats
Yup, Graduated barefoot! :))
Day after Graduation
My friends Little John and Kat
Steph and Me After her graduation


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved