28 September 2012

Baby B Has A Bed!

Today I decided I have had it with little man sleeping in a pack-n-play in our bedroom. He is almost 6 months old and still didn't have an actual crib. I was scrolling through the local yard sale website this morning during our now common 4 am feeding and came across a crib, mattress and a changing table with pad for $200..... I had been looking for months here and there, putting it off, finding a few and decided to wait and so on... That was until I noticed how BIG the boy is getting and how small the pack-n-play looks now with him in it. I caved in and called the seller on our way back from the consignment sale in Swansboro (which we got a bunch of goodies at that I will post about tomorrow) and picked it all up an hour later!

Now let me remind you, we own a 1,000 sq ft TWO bedroom duplex. Our master bedroom snugly fits two night stands, queen bed, tall dresser, long dresser and a blanket chest. Fitting the crib and changing table into here was a little game of Tetris. And while it is OOBER snug now I close my eyes and say "this is only temporary". We will restation next year, live on base or rent a bigger house and this "busting from the seams" home we live will be rented out. It honestly does not bother me so much because now there are drawers for all baby's clothes and they no longer have to be stacked up in a laundry basket on the blanket chest!

When we first laid him down in it he was NOT a happy camper. After his last feeding we tried again, turned on his mobile (his big brother's old one), pushed on his Veggie Tales Junior Asparagus glow worm that sings the song God is Bigger Than the Boogie Man, said good night and walked out. He SCREAMED! This lasted about 5 minutes.... Then he finally passed out. Hopefully he will get use to it soon. :)



3 comments:

  1. Hi! New follower :) I just wanted to say that you are an inspiration for all that you do. I can't wait to see more of your blog.

    Thank you to you and your husband for your service.

    ~Karen
    www.themaxells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice collection and according to kids choice. Kids will love it. And efforts are less for parents . They can be ordered it online

    Bunker Beds

    ReplyDelete

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved