15 September 2012

The Birth Story of Jake

Today marks the day of my oldest son's 8th Birthday.....

Tissue paper fun after opening presents today
 Our boy was due September 13th 2004. 3 months prior I went into labor with constant contractions. They gave me meds to stop them and once they subsided they sent me home. Sept. 11th came around and I was miserably large. We went to an outlet mall and walked around for hours. Came home and nothing but swollen feet were what I was blessed with. His dad (real daddy, not my hubby now who is his loving step dad) had duty 2 days later, then after that he had a full day of work. Once he got back we went to bed and I was having terrible back pain... Couldn't get comfortable, cried, and finally gave in and said we needed to go to the hospital. At the time we were living on base and the Naval Hospital was only a few minutes away. We stopped off at Burger King first because I remembered them saying if I were to be admitted I wouldn't be allowed to eat until after birth. I chowed down on some food and then went in. They said I was dilated to 4 and the contractions were steady, I was admitted around 10pm. I had an epidural done and suddenly all was right in the world again. ;) I was dilating slowly so the put pitocin in the IV and the fun began. I started pushing at 5am.....



 His dad was passed out in a pull out bed and silly me told them to just let him sleep. He woke up to me pushing and was pissed. I felt bad because he had been up for well over 24 hours and he looked so peaceful.... Wrong thing to do. He quickly got over it and stood by my side. Jake was not dropping down far enough so they had me do squats to try to get him lower.


 Started pushing again and still nothing, he wasn't budging. 2 hours later the doctor decided I would need to have a c-section. My mom cried, his dad was anxious.... I was loopy and just wanted to get him out already. I opted to go for it because of the dangers it could've caused Jake and having an emergancy c-section was not something I wanted to experience. My father, S.Mom and two brothers made it down from NorCal in record time. 10 hr drive took him 6-7 hours.... Let's just say the stars were on his side that evening with his heavy foot. They came in just minutes before I was rolled away to surgery. 

Going into surgery I was cut open and my insides were placed on my belly. A sight his father says he will never forget. (He would joke about how he has seen me inside and out, lol). Then there Jake was, screaming his way into the world. The nurse took pictures and his dad brought the camera back and showed me. They had already begun stitching me up and then it started.... An intense amount of pain throughout my lower body. The next thing I knew they were rushing his dad out of the OR, fluids were placed in my IV and I was gone....


Our families watching video of Jake just after entering the world before brought to the labor room
2 hours later I woke up in recovery..... Crying my eyes out not knowing what happened. I hadn't even gotten to see my little boy. I didn't know if he was okay.... I was wheeled back in my bed to the labor room and there everyone stood, welcoming me and saying how gorgeous, healthy and big our little boy was. BIG? Our thoughts were that Jake was going to be a small baby. I was only 5 lbs when born 2 weeks late, and his dad was only 4 lbs.... As new parents we figured he'd be between 5-6 lbs. HAHAHA!  Turns out he was 8lbs 11oz. And ALL BOY! No wonder he didn't fit through my small hips!

The entire time I was knocked out his daddy refused to let anyone else hold him. He held him for 2 hours and placed Jake in my arms for the first time. And while I loved him from the first time I saw his little peanut form.... I fell in love all over again and even more deeply that moment we met each other for the first time.


Jake in his going Home outfit 17 Sept. 2004
 8 years later and my love for him is stronger as each day passes. He is truly a gift from God and I am so very proud that he is mine. He amazes me with his knowledge, motivation to try new things (except for odd looking food) ;) and his sweet, kind and loving heart. He is the most wonderful big brother a mother could ask for and cares greatly for the little brother he has always wanted. My world is and has been a much more beautiful place since he entered my life. He and he alone brought me back to God after spending nearly two years believing there wasn't one. The moment I held him in my arms I knew there had to be a Higher Power, my little miracle was God's way of showing just that.
I love you Jacob Thomas. Happy Birthday My Big (baby) Boy!

Jake and his daddy on his 8th Birthday
Jake and Mommy on his 8th Birthday

4 comments:

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved