14 February 2012

Valentine's Day: The Hallmark Holiday of Love

No, I'm not a cynical person when it comes to Valentine's Day... Rather I am one who has always been an over the top romantic when it has come to holiday's and birthday's in general. However, I do prefer my romantic side come out for just because reasons.... Not because I "have" to.... I'm not one for being told what to do for someone because then it just doesn't seem personal enough...Don't get me wrong, the hubby will receive a couple lovey dovey items for this occasion, a couple bought items and some personal made from the heart items. <3 It is just a little difficult for both of us to think of what to get each other and/or state what we would each like because of the way the holiday's fall.... Christmas in Dec., Both of our Birthday's in Jan., and then BAM Feb. Valentine's Day! We're all gifted out. Of course for him there are always power tools to add to his growing "arsenal" LOL.

This year I did something a bit different, something that I have wanted to do for years, (not while being pregnant though, but it worked out better than I thought it would!) Last month I had Maternity Pinup pictures done!!!! A local photographer who has had numerous publications did them http://cherryblossomsphoto.blogspot.com/. I have been looking forward to having her take pics for a long while now, and when I saw on her facebook page that she also did Maternity, I was sold!  At first I was a bit uncertain with the whole baby BUMP hanging out in plain sight, heals, stockings etc. But she and the ladies made it fun, comfortable and an experience I'd say any preggo mama should have! I felt sexy and the pictures showed just that! Yes, pregnancy can be sexy!!!  All dolled up with the makeup and hair of the 1930's/40's era.... (One of my favorite era's that I have always said I should have been alive for.)  It was a great experience all around and I look forward to having another session with them after the baby makes his way into the world. :)))



For this evening I was thinking a nice candlelit dinner for the 3 1/2 of us.... That was before the hubby came down with a stomach flu/bug and before I had to have my far back molar pulled due to half of it breaking off... I'm thinking our little man will enjoy a nice dinner while we slurp down pudding, jello, applesauce etc.... LOL. Then after putting our little man to bed I was thinking of having a sweet dessert with a glass of apple cider (normally this would be an evening of wine but we've been making do with Baby B in the belly for occassions like this), we'll be holding off on that for the weekend when our little man is spending time with his dad who is coming down here to see him. Mommy Daddy time, YAY!!! After that.... ;)  XoXo



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved