21 February 2012

All Work & No Play Makes Mama Tired

After having  4 1/2 days off it is difficult to get back into the swing of things. Especially when the day must start by hitting the ground running. Get myself ready, make sure the man-child gets up and gets ready, ask hubby to make me eggs as he makes his, gets the little man's breakfast in order and snacks for the day at school, try to think of what snacks I may want to snack on throughout the day (as my hunger/cravings change). Finish getting ready, kiss my hubby, hug our son and off to work.



Come to work and find our new cubicles are up and everything needs to be unpacked and put in order. An hour and a half later I was ready for a nap! Spent the day setting up my computer lab area, putting up our resource books, organizing my desk, providing a one on one preseparation brief to a service member and then continued with cleaning up the areas. I was pooped! 

Headed home and decided that the simple meal of hamburger helper that I took the meat out for this morning was right on spot. Too tired to fuss with anything else. In fact I was so tired the hubby made dinner while I laid on the couch and zoned in and out of consciousness. Helped little man with home work, ate, and then laid down in bed.

I wonder how much longer I'll be able to survive these daily marathon's because the further along I get the more tired I grow throughout the day. (I was spoiled when I was working from home during my last pregnancy!) 32 weeks down, 8 to go! I plan on staying at work until my water breaks or the doc says differently (which I don't suspect will happen).

After that I plan on going back to work as soon as possible.... But then again plans can change. The hubby's name has been placed on an availability list for deployment a month after Mikey is due..... A 7 month one from my understanding. While that would suck on so many levels, it is also an opportunity for him to continue showing off his knowledge and leadership skills and of course he would be doing what he loves. Sigh.... So, needles to say, it is a bit difficult to say I "plan" to do one thing when there are so many variables that can take place... But a great addition to that is that with all the draw backs and cuts the Marine Corps has been making, he was selected for Career Retention!!! While it is no surprise with how great his fit reps have been, it was still a much answered prayer that we were hoping for. As long as he enjoys what he's doing and does so for the right reasons I'll always support him.

But my OCD with planning ahead as much as possible continues to grab a hold of me.... How's that saying go? If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans!

Here is one plan that I'm sure He will agree with.... Me going back to bed! :) Good night blog world! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved