11 September 2012

9/11 Never Forget.....



What started out as a normal Tuesday morning quickly became a day that will never be forgotten.... Waking up for our second week of Senior Year in high school many of my friends and I began to get ready for the day..... Hurrying down the stairs to grab a fast bite to eat before heading out my step dad had the news on.... And there it was, 0700 pacific time, reports of two planes crashing an hour earlier into the towers.... Hurry to get ready and rush to school with my boyfriend at the time and best friend and meet everyone in the JROTC classroom.... Sit and stare at the TV..... Watch replays of planes crashing, news comes across of the Pentagon, then the PA field crash..... Sit, stare, watch, cry.... Towers begin to fall and hearts clench immediately.... This can't be real, oh my God, all those people.... Request over and over again to put the American Flag at half mass.... Denied the right to do so until it was a Presidential Order to say to.... Watch further in horror.... Hear some students state their family members were in NY for business.... Get excused from almost every class and sit and stare at the tv in JROTC... Go to English, sit and stare at that TV.... Anger, pain and knowledge that I had just signed up for the Marine Corps the previous month flood my thoughts. This was an act of war. I was ready, willing and wanting to go that instant. The day was a blur of emotions, disbelief... a complete daze all together.... 11 years later and the sting of this terrible act still pains the nation tremendously. God Bless all those that lost their lives and their familes, God Bless those that stepped up and became Hero's that day, and God Bless the Military Members that answered to the call!

Where were you and what were you doing when the world stood still? 




14 comments:

  1. I am a new follower from Operation Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. new follower from operation fabulous!
    -ashley
    pencilleddaydream@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember where I was - off school and it took a while for it to sink in as too what the TV was showing me - I remember calling my Mum and her friend who were in the other room nattering and we all sat and watched in silence..

    I'm following via Operation Fabulous!

    Sarah
    Life in a Break Down
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. new follower via operation fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will never forget.

    New follower from Operation Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follow from operation fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved