03 December 2012

Santa Is Real!

Photobucket

I grew up believing in Santa. Yes, even the fact that he could squeeze through a chimney or in the case of the house I grew up in, an air vent. Could travel magically at light speed and deliver presents to all the good boys and girls and coal to the naughty ones.

There was a time when I was younger that I woke up one Christmas Eve, walked into the living room and can swear to this day that I saw Santa putting presents under the tree, turn to me, sssshhh me, and I scurried my butt back to bed under my covers with my eyes closed tight! Was it just a dream? I'd like to think not.

I also remember one year finding little wrapped presents with other children's names on them trailing to Santa's departure area. Coal for those kids that were bad that had fallen out of Santa's bag.

My oldest who is 8 still believes. Still writes a letter to the North Pole addressed to Mr. Santa Clause.  Still loves being read/now reading the Polar Express this time of year. Still leaves cookies and milk for Santa and a couple of Mrs. Clauses favorite cookies (white chocolate macadamia nut) ;) and carrots for the Reindeer. 

I love this innocence about him! Hopefully he will still believe for a couple more years and have the Christmas Spirit always!

When the believing does end, we will talk about it in detail. We will discuss the importance of helping his little brother continue to believe. 
I did this with each of my brothers. It was wonderful to know but was even sweeter to see their faces light up over Santa having left them fun gifts!

What do you tell your kiddos about Santa? How old were you when you found out?

2 comments:

  1. How awesome you are! I love that you keep this tradition alive with your children. :) I think I was about 8 or 9 when I found out. We don't have children but we do keep the belief alive for our niece and nephew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up also believing in Santa, the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny and that at the end of the rainbow there is a pot of gold. I also kept the tradition going with my 5 children and 5 grand babies too.

    I am stopping by via the Tea on Tuesday Hop, following you in the social networks we have in common.

    ReplyDelete

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved