20 December 2012

One of the Toughest Questions....

Photobucket

Last night, after my husband went to sleep, my FIL sat down and talked to me about everything that is going on with my MIL.... She is sleeping more these days, and going to bed earlier. There are rough times of getting her ready for the day and/or getting her ready for bed. Communicating with her is becoming even more difficult as she can only read some things and then has a difficult time comprehending what has been written.  Anything that is over stimulating, going anywhere, having too many people over, etc. leads into a type of melt down afterward..... Such a drastic change compared to when we were here for Thanksgiving....
 
My FIL asked me if I wanted to have a brain autopsy done once the CJD (Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease) fully takes her away from us.... Just thinking about this, the inevitable, brought tears to my face... He asked me alone because it does directly affect my family. The possibility of it being a genetic disease can only be fully ruled out with a brain autopsy..... It has been diagnosed as Sporadic CJD, but this is the only way to be 100% positive. While I had read this and many other studies on CJD, it was not something that had crossed my mind with all that is taking place here. The fact that it was presented now has me a little worried about my family. I pray that it IS just a disease that has "just come about" and is not something that might have been passed to my husband, son or BIL.
 
I let him know that, yes, for the sake of my husband, our son and my brother-in-law this is something that I would want to take place.... But that I also wanted to discuss it with my husband in the morning.
 
We talked about it this morning and, yes, he agrees to having it done as well.
 
While this is supposed to be a time of celebration and families enjoying coming together, we are all a little on edge. Taking things day-by-day as this neurological disease takes what were once simple actions away from her daily.... There is a slight Christmas spirit still here. The house is fully decorated, there is tons of love pouring in and through the house, but the happy-joyful feeling is in more of a solemn/mourning state.

4 comments:

  1. lots of thoughts and prayers for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending lots of prayers your way. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending my prayers from Greece, as well. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! She is declining quickly.... :(

    ReplyDelete

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved