01 December 2012

♥ OSC's 2012 Ornament Exchange ♥ (Lots of pics)

Last night was the second event with the Officer Spouse Club that I attended. The first was a fun little play date with our little monkey butt and other mom's with kiddo's that are right around his same age! Loved that and am looking forward to many more!

Last night I walked into the beautifully festive house of Mrs. and Mr. Maj. Gen. Walters. 


Being that I am one a very few new girls there I found myself wandering around a bit more checking out the decor, layout of the house and bar area that had many of the General's plaques from prior units he had been attached to. I was introduced to Mrs. Walters. And was told that Maj.Gen. Walters was the bartender for the evening. 
Upon stepping up to the bar he looked at the wine glass in my hand and asked if I was ready for a "Big Girl" drink.... I gawked. Challenge Accepted! I did not pay attention to what was put into an Apple-tini (vodka) and once home later on it hit me like a ton of bricks.... :-/ Vodka and I do not get along at all.

Photobucket
 
Photobucket
Photobucket

  Talked to the Event Committee Coordinator Maggie, who I'll be volunteering with. Then found myself lingering toward a few of the awesome mommy's I had met at the play date, Katie, Angela and Catherine. 
 After socializing the event kicked off.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Mrs. Walters made an announcement that I want to share here and will share on my FB page as well.

Currently there is an Angel Tree in the Exchange aboard Cherry Point. This tree has angels with children's ages and gender with item that they Need and an item that they Want. These are solely children of Military Members aboard Cherry Point E-5 and below. The combined total for the items are $25 or less for each child. This is being run by the Sgt. Majors of each unit and the Chaplains aboard the base. What a wonderful way to help make a child's (who is right here) Christmas a little better!

My number was 57...Out of 60! I got to see what everyone was getting and try to plan my attack for what to snag if something came up that wasn't frozen by my turn. Lot's of things I loved but so did others! :) This leg lamp ornament came up, and at my turn I stole it!

However the last person, number 60, had her eyes on it too, and stole it from me!!! :(( I was heart broken... LOL, and ended up with two cute penguin ornaments. :)

Once it was over I was introduced to Amy who runs her own business out of her home making awesome collages! Of course I had to network with her about my blog and am working with her on hosting a giveaway of one her pieces of work!

The hubby swung by and picked me up to take me home, lots of wine, and a martini, I'm so glad we planned for him to take me there and pick me up! ;)

MORE PICTURES FROM THE NIGHT!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is one of the items that I brought with an ornament, she had it stolen from her and then was able to steal it back for the last steal, she was a happy camper!
Photobucket
I loved this apron! So wanted to steal it but it was frozen by the time my number came up.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun!! How awesome all of you come together like this!! What a great club!! Your pictures are wonderful, that tree is magnificant & the decor is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing.. can't wait to see the collages too!! <3, amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Pics! I am a new follower from the blog hop! Hope you check out my blog too and follow back! :)
    lovinglifeinthefablane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to join this group! It looks like it would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Looks like you all had an amazing time. Love the beautiful decor. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that house is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved