05 August 2012

4 Months Old Today & Growing Too Fast



     Our little man is 4 months old today.... Sigh... I cannot believe how fast the time has gone by. It certainly does not seem like it has been this long already. I still get those tummy muscle spasms that remind me of him moving around in my belly.... Is it wrong that I'm already wishing to start trying for our next baby? He was so much smaller only months ago.... Now he is 17lbs (give or take based off of weighing him in my arms on our home scale).... Over double his weight when he was born at 8 lbs 1.7oz.... He continues to only roll over from belly to back, hasn't come around to going from back to belly, seems to have no interest in it but scoots himself all over the living room on either side. Usually ending up under the papasan chair or closer to the back door... :) He absolutely loves sitting out back watching the dogs run around. He smiles and laughs at daddy and big brother daily. He smiles and talks to me, for whatever reason I can't seem to get him to laugh like he does with dad and brother. I just tell them it's because they're funny looking. ;) He is a complete daddy's boy! (Maybe because he sees me all day everyday?) 


     He falls asleep on daddy all the time. It is one of the most humbling, precious sights I enjoy seeing. He falls asleep on me only after a bit of fussing over being completely exhausted, but when it does happen I savor every moment and tend to sleep right along with him. 


     Of course when either of us wake up with him we're covered in drool. I wish I could collect the drool just to see how much he emits on a daily basis. I imagine it could fill a couple of 5oz baby bottles.... Hahaha. Still no teeth have come through, but he gnaws on anything and everything he can get his hands on, including pulling out blankets that are under him and stuffing them in his mouth soaking it to the point of it needing to be washed.


     He absolutely loves his tummy time especially when someone is playing with him. He's doing better at sitting up by himself when we're holding him but still tends to find himself falling sideways. :) When we hold him up in our laps, on the couch or on the floor he LOVES standing! Our little "stand-up man" as we call him. The boy has horse legs! If you come into line with them you are sure to get kicked and injured! And while it hurts you just can't get mad at his sweet baby face.




      He still adores his aquarium swing and while it is rated up to 25 lbs, he loves it so much that we are replacing the batteries in it weekly! But it is the only place he will nap for longer than 20min. We have tried putting him in his jumper but he's not quite tall enough for it, we might do as my girlfriend has done and stack some books under it. :)

      Tomorrow he goes in for his 4 month shots.... I HATE having my kids gets shots. I hate them myself, but even more so for them because I know how painful it is and they are so innocent to be caused any type of pain.... Maybe daddy can take him.... It breaks my heart having to be in there for it...
 



     Sigh.... If anyone knows how to pause this age and size right here please let me know.....

2 comments:

  1. So precious! I love the fingers in his mouth photo. 4 months is such a wonderful age... it seems like it's when they really start to come alive! I say hold him as MUCH as you can and take LOTS of pictures! Blog about all your fun little experiences too, so you can look back on them.

    I'm so glad you linked up to the Mixer and I hope to see you again on Thursday! Also, come on by and enter to win a super adorable Thirty-One bag or some awesome discounts on a Thirty-One order! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww! time really does goes so fast, makes me sad just thinking about it. Found you through a hop some where around here lol

    new follower pretty much :)

    ReplyDelete

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved