24 April 2012

Connection Through Dreams?



The past week or so I have been having some very detailed, strange dreams. Each one had a person in them that I "used to know". Strange because I haven't spoken to this person since last year. Just prior to getting married and finding out my husband (fiance then) were also expecting. It must have been last July or August. I'm sure most of the dreams I've had have a lot to do with whatever show or movie (mainly action shoot 'em up shows/movies) I had been watching prior to going to bed, but to have this person, who was my best friend for years, play the main character out of blue in my, almost always, vivid dreams had me in a bit of a funk. I told my husband honestly about these dreams, in which he was not too pleased to hear I was having them. They were never anything "riskay" always just conversations, having the kids together, or weird undercover CIA operative missions in another country kind of dreams. Hahaha, yea those ones usually ended with me waking up in a pool of sweat from running like crazy in my dreams. I am surprised I have never woken my husband up. When I was younger I was told I would talk, walk, scream, hit, you name it, while I was sleeping. Hopefully I have completely grown out of that!

I've always viewed dreams as some sort of connection with the person you are dreaming about. Today I got my answer to these strange dreams. I had been under the impression that my old friend was gone, deployed for a year tour, and then these dreams had me thinking that maybe something bad had happened. Thank goodness (apparently, since I don't really know because we no longer talk) nothing happened, as today I saw his vehicle go by. But it makes sense why the dreams were occurring... He made it back stateside. We use to be able to finish each others thoughts and statements, and would attempt to contact each other at the exact same time from states away, a connection that many would see as us having known each other all our lives... It was the universes way of saying that all was well with him and he made it back alright.

Another portion with dreams and connections are what many call deja vu..... This happens with me at least once a month. Where one dream will mix with the conscience world and low-and-behold I'm having a conversation with someone that I had in my dreams nights or weeks before. I use to keep a dream journal and write down everything I could remember in the exact order it happened when I first woke up and then try and study the "meanings" behind each one. There were many interesting findings in doing so. I may have to start writing my dreams down again. :)

All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together. -Jack Kerouac

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Looooove hearing from you!!! And no captcha!!! ;)

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Search

FacebookTwitter Instagram Pinterest email





Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts


 
Designed by Marine Wife Mommy Life • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved